RECORD: 8-5 (5-1 Home, 2-4 Away, 1-0 Neutral*)
7th consecutive winning season (1986-92)
8th consecutive bowl appearance (1988-94)
4th consecutive bowl win (school record)
Longest win streak: 2 games
5 opponents finished ranked in the AP & USA Today Top 25 (1991)
Beat one opponent ranked in the final Top 25--#16/17 Utah State (2009)
* The Poinsettia Bowl is, technically, considered a neutral site game, but the site of the bowl was the home stadium for bowl opponent San Diego State.
- Won season opener for 6th consecutive season (1966-72).
- TE Kaneakua Friel had over 100 yards receiving against Washington State (2009).
- Jordan Johnson had a 64-yard interception return against Washington State (2006).
- Taysom Hill threw a touchdown on his first career pass (1973).
- Allowed -5 rushing yards against Washington State (2010).
- 3 rushing touchdowns by quarterbacks in a single game, Weber State.
- 6 sacks in a single game, Weber State.
- Cody Hoffman's first 8 receptions of the season were first downs or touchdowns.
- Held Boise State to 0-5 on fourth down.
- Defense held Boise State scoreless after they started on the 1-yard line.
- Defense did not allow any points against two opponents, Boise State and Hawaii (2008).
- Defense did not allow a touchdown against six opponents, Washington State, Boise State, Hawaii, Utah State, Georgia Tech, San Diego State.
- 1 shutout, Hawaii (2009).
- True freshman quarterback Taysom Hill won his first career start (first).
- True freshman quarterback Taysom Hill won his second career start (first).
- Running back Jamaal Williams rushed for over 100 yards against Hawaii (2010).
- Two players rushed for over 100 yards in the same game (2006).
- Black jersey's for "Blackout" against Oregon State (first).
- Five 300-yard passing games (2009).
- All three of JD Falslev's kickoff returns against Georgia Tech were over 40 yards.
- Jamal Williams scored four touchdowns in one game against Georgia Tech (Ties freshman record)
- Defense held Georgia Tech to 0-10 on third down.
- Scored 42 points in the first 23:01 of the Idaho game (1989).
- Scored points in the first quarter against Idaho (1989).
- Jamaal Williams had back-to-back 100 yard rushing games (2009).
- Robbie Buckner had his first career interception against Idaho.
- BYU successfully attempted an onsides kick against San Jose State.
- Quarterback James Lark won his first two, and only, career starts.
- Three different quarterbacks started and won at least two games.
- Defense forced five turnovers in a single game against San Diego State.
- Cody Hoffman had over 1,000 yards receiving (2008).
- Hoffman had 8 100-yard receiving games.
- Jamaal Williams had 3 100-yard rushing games.
- Williams had 6 games with over 100 all-purpose yards.
- Hoffman and Williams had over 1,000 all-purpose yards.
- For the second consecutive season, Kyle Van Noy recorded a stat in 10 different categories.
- Held 7 opponents to less than 100 yards rushing.
- Wore home blue jerseys on the road twice, at Utah and at Georgia Tech.
- 9 players scored their first career points--Jamaal Williams, Taysom Hill, Devin Mahina, Paul Lasike, Spencer Hadley, James Lark, Skyler Ridley, Cody Raymond, and Riley Stephenson.
- Most touchdown receptions in a single game--5, Cody Hoffman vs. New Mexico State (4)
- Most rushing yards by a true freshman--775, Jamaal Williams (733, Ronney Jenkins, 1996)
- Most rushing touchdowns by a true freshman--12, Jamaal Williams (11, Ronney Jenkins, 1996)
- Most touchdowns scored in a single game by a freshman (tied)--4, Jamaal Williams vs. Georgia Tech (4, Harvey Unga vs. San Diego State, 2007).
- Most defensive touchdowns scored in a career--4, Kyle Van Noy.
- Fumble return and interception returned for touchdown in the same game--Kyle Van Noy (also NCAA record).
- Fewest rushing yards allowed per game--86.9 (88.8, 1986).