Buy BYU Football Tickets

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Poll Results: Who is the Best Recruit in the 2011 Class?

Ryker Mathews ran away with this one. The American Fork High School product received 82% of the vote. The remaining 18% was split evenly, 6% apiece, between Colby Jorgensen, Timpview High School, Alex Kuresa, Mountain Crest High School, and Brian Rawlinson, Oologah-Talala High School (Oklahoma).

Honestly, I can't give a good assessment. I don't follow recruiting mainly because it is so hit and miss. As an offensive linemen, Mathews probably has a good chance to be the best player from this recruiting class. BYU has a great track record of producing outstanding linemen. Hopefully, several players from this class will have great careers, and if we revisit this question in a few years it will be a hard question to answer.

Thank you to everyone who voted. Don't forget to vote in this week's poll question: Does the BYU coaching staff need more "diversity"?

The Editor appreciates all feedback. He can be reached via email at bluecougarfootball@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment