Troy Hinds: The Brigham Young Cougars Newest 2012 Commit

Davis High School prep star Troy Hinds committed to the Brigham Young Cougars today. Hinds is rated by Scout.com as the #14 defensive end and #111 player overall nationally. He joins Tanner Mangum (Eagle, ID) as BYU’s only other four star recruit. The full press release by Hinds and highlights can be found below.

Like Mangum, Hinds intends to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints before starting his college football career.

Welcome aboard, Troy. We are pleased that you have chosen to be a Cougar. Can't wait to see you making plays in Cougar blue and white. Best of luck as you go out and enjoy your senior season without any recruiting distractions.

Press Release

"After much thought and deliberation I have made my decision where I will be getting my education and playing football. My Dad and I met with Coach Mendenhall in his office this morning and I committed to him that I will be enrolling at Brigham Young University after I complete my LDS church mission. I’m very excited about the academic, social and football opportunities I will have at BYU.

"I want to express my sincere appreciation to Coach Whittingham and Coach Hill at the University of Utah along with Coach Anderson at Stanford, Coach Tupoi at CAL, the coaches at Notre Dame, Coach Brown at Nebraska along with all of the rest of the wonderful coaches I have met along the way. They have all been very kind and professional in the way they have recruited me. I have made good friendships with many coaches across the country during the process and I hope to continue those relationships over time. It was a difficult decision saying no to the great PAC 12 schools and others that have recruited me but in the end I know in my heart that BYU is the best school for me.

"I would also like to thank my Mom and Dad along with coach Ryan Bishop for their support throughout the entire 3 year recruiting process. It was a fun ride but I’m relieved and excited that I know I’m going to be playing football and getting my education at BYU.

"Troy Hinds
"Davis High School
"Kaysville, Utah"



The Editor appreciates all feedback. He can be reached via email at bluecougarfootball@gmail.com

Comments